SailQuest 4 day IYT International Crew course - Family/Group Sailing Program
SailQuest Sailing School offers a 4 Day private "Sail & Learn" IYT International Crew course which will be ideal for you and your family or group.
This family/group oriented “Sail & Learn” course combines shore-based learning with a live-aboard cruising experience. The first night of this effective course will be spent ashore, followed by a 3 day/2 night live-aboard adventure where we will set sail and cruise to destinations in the Gulf of Thailand. Instructors and students will cover the basics of sailing while enjoying a live-aboard sailing voyage.
During the course we cover a vast amount of sailing information, skills and technique. We will sail through our amazing Gulf of Thailand training area aboard our fantastic sailing school yacht. From the SailQuest base at Ocean Marina, Pattaya, Thailand, we will be cruising to remote tropical islands & busy shipping ports. We will cover sailing & sail handling, yacht safety, anchoring, onboard mechanical, electric & plumbing systems, the “Rules of the Road”, and much, much more. There will be beach stops and an amazing on-shore seafood dinner at a beachside Thai restaurant.
The SailQuest program will prepare you and your family/group to sail together and work as a team aboard a yacht on your own. You will definitely learn a LOT in this class and have a great time along the way.
Here is the day-by day program:
SailQuest 4 day Family/Group Sailing Program
IYT International Crew course – Day by Day Schedule
Day 1 Intro to Sailing with SailQuest & Afternoon Training Sail
- 09:00 – Meet at the SailQuest classroom for Welcome to SailQuest briefing, sailing theory, anchoring theory & Rules of the Road part 1
- 13:00 – Lunch Break (Lake House)
- 14:00 – Onboard Basics of Yachting briefing & Introduction Training Sail
- 17:30 – Return to Marina
Day 2 Yacht/System Orientation - Live Aboard Training Voyage
- 09:00 – Yacht orientation: knot tying, on deck orientation, down below orientation, equipment & systems, yacht layout, more…
- 12:30 – Lunch Break
- 13:30 – Depart on Live Aboard Training Voyage
- 17:00 – Sailing Skills & Exercises, Reefing, Anchoring practice, Overnight anchorage at uninhabited tropical island, beach stop, swimming, etc.
- 18:30 – Provided Dinner onboard (catered by Lake House)
- Evening – Rules of the Road part 2
Day 3 Sailing Instruction & Exercises - Live Aboard Training Voyage
- 08:00 – Provided Breakfast onboard (rice soup, breakfast cereal, juice, fruit)
- 09:00 – Anchor up, Sailing instruction, sail handling, sail trim, tacking, gibing, boat handling, anchoring, more...
- 12:00 – Provided Lunch onboard (noodle soup, fruit)
- 13:00 – Collision Regulations part 3, real traffic situations in the shipping port area, Man Over Board exercises, heaving to, short course sailing, crewing considerations, intro dingy, more…
- 17:00 – Overnight anchorage at Bang Saray, harbor swim
- 19:00 – Provided Dinner onshore at local Thai Restaurant (Bang Saray restaurant)
Day 4 Live Aboard Training Voyage - IYT Crew Course Exams
- 08:00 – Provided Breakfast on board (rice soup, breakfast cereal, juice, fruit)
- 09:00 – Sailing exercises and course review
- 12:00 – Return to Ocean Marina
- 12:00 – Lunch Break (Lake House)
- 13:00 – IYT Crew Course exams & review
- 15:00 – Certificate Ceremony
- 16:00 – Program conclusion
About IYT Certificates
Upon completion of this course, participants receive the IYT International Crew certificate and be ready to take an active role in managing a yacht at sea. It will be possible for you to attend other courses at future dates to receive your IYT Bareboat Skipper’s certificate. These yachting certificates are recognized by charter & insurance companies and many governments around the world.
Family/Group IYT Intrernational Crew course cost:
The cost for this private sailing course is 30,000THB per person, with a minimum of 4 students and maximum of 12 students.
The course cost includes:
- All Training Yacht & Instructor cost
- Complete coverage of IYT International Crew certificate program
- IYT registration fees & IYT International Crew certificate costs
- All SailQuest Sailing Course materials:
- Rules of the Road Handbook
- SailQuest Sailing Handbook
- SailQuest Course notes & workbooks
- Digital Sailing Data - a full collection of sailing books, training videos & nautical audio material
- OUR PRICE INCLUDES ACCOMMODATION! – students stay at Baan Luk Rua - SailQuest Guesthouse/Student Lounge or at our Ocean Marina 2 bedroom bungalow for the first night of this program and aboard our traing yachts on other nights. Additional nights in our onshore accommodation for the day before or after the course dates can be arranged at additional cost.
- All onboard food & beverage
- 1 amazing dinner party ashore
- High Quality SailQuest Sailing School Crew shirt
- A professional, well organized, effective, fun, fast-paced 4 day yacht training program
To book your course dates now:
SailQuest requests a 25% deposit payment to confirm your booking and to hold your place in class for your selected course dates.
- Contact SailQuest to check availabile course dates.
- SailQuest will provide total cost and links to booking deposit payment options.
Please contact us for for further details about our family/group sailing programs or if you have any additional questions.